Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MADELYN UPDATE AND FUN WEBSITE

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well. Madelyn is doing well, she says hi. Actually, she's just kicking up a storm. She is very active and makes me wonder if she wants out. I think being in a womb cocoon sounds comfortable, but maybe it's too small in there..LOL

Steph, however is dealing with some pinching of her cyatic nerve. I guess pressure from the baby is being put on a nerve in her leg and causing these massive shooting pains. Has anyone experienced this? She is using a heating pad, but the pain remains. Any help to make my wife feel better would be appreciated!!

Also, one of our listeners, Lisa has a very fun website that you all should check out if you're planning on having a baby or have one already. It's interactive, there are cool things to purchase, and answers to questions or symptoms you may be having..Gio check it out now

www.clubmomma.com

That's all for now. Have a fantastic week and tell someone you love them

G

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
I just wanted to tell you that when I was pregnant with my first child that she also was sitting on a nerve & I experienced that same pain that your feeling. Whenever I laid down, the pain would go through my butt check & through my leg & down to my big toe. I feel your pain, uncomfortable to sleep also. There is some good news, after you have the baby it is not intense & eventually it just goes away! My baby is 16 now,& I can only say once in a great while it flares up but doesn't stick around forever. In the end once you see that beautiful baby, you will say it was all worth it! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen and Stephanie,

When I was pregnant with my son and now again with my second baby, he/she is sitting on my nerve as well! It is very painful I must agree. What REALLY helps is being a adjusted by a chiropractor. When us woman are pregnant are bodies are constantly changing. During that change our ligaments and such become more relaxed causing some crazy stuff to happen and move where it should move to. If you've never been to a chiropractor you should try. Any time my ciatic acts up or I'm having back pain I go, and I feel GREAT afterwards. Being adjusted is the only thing that takes the ciatic nerve pain away, at least for me. I can recommend a fabulous chiropractor if you like. With my son, I was being adjusted up till the end of my pregnancy, and I swear, that is the reason my labor was shorter and quicker then average.... Good luck and God bless you guys
Heather

Anonymous said...

RE:sciatic pain: have her try changing positions if it tends to happen when she's lying down. The best way to take pressure off that nerve is to get on all fours and then try arching your back. (I know- not so easy when you're all belly! Trust me, been there.) Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

my daughter did the same thing to me!! i think it happens in most preg. (lucky us) my pain was always on the right so everyday for 3-4 days i would "push" the baby to the other side with my hands while standing up (just like you rub your belly but a little harder and only on the side w/ the pain) after she eventually switched positions she didnt "land" on the nerve again

Anonymous said...

Hi- I have a 7 month old. I had a sciatic pain to , but only every so often, moving positions, or just resting helped. The less sleep I got it seemed the more pain I had. I slept with a body pillow inbetween my legs, helped when having to sleep on your left side.

Janelle said...

Laying on the oppostie side is supposed to help with sciatic nerve pain (if it's on the left, lay on the right).

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn, I never got a chance to thank you for the website plug :)

Hope you and Stephanie are having a great weekend.

Long time listener Lisa